Arctic Pollination Field Assistant
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Arctic Pollination Field Assistant. This person will be responsible for field work and data entry pertaining to the diversity, abundance and interactions of plants and pollinators across a variety of habitats. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a sub-arctic environment conducting behavioural experiments with pollinators. The field site is located in Churchill, MB at the Churchill Northern Studies Centre http://www.churchillscience.ca/. Dorm-style housing and transportation to/from the field site will be provided. The position runs from approximately June 1 to mid-August 2015 (weather dependent).
• Completion of, or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience with field work, monitoring.
• Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license.
• Ability to navigate in the field using a map and GPS.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
• Physically fit and able to endure working in a variety of terrains, variable weather conditions, and with exposure to biting and stinging insects.
• Experience with flora identification is an asset.
• Experience with insect identification is an asset.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
See the attached file for information about this position as well.