Apiculture Videographer -Honey Bee Research Centre, University of Guelph
With the burgeoning interest in honeybees, we can no longer keep up with the demand for our educational services without more resource material. We would like to hire an individual with audio visual and web design skills to work with our team in an initiative to improve our honey bee educational resources.
There are three planned initiatives the successful individual will work on including updating our website to include more fascinating facts about honeybee behaviour, creating a virtual video tour based on our popular honey bee tours and creating a series of short how-to videos for beekeepers. The videos we produce would augment university level apiculture courses, weekend beekeeper courses and all the other educational experiences we currently provide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected individual will:
- Work closely with our team at the Honey Bee Research Centre to plan, film and edit instructional beekeeping how-to videos featuring our staff members
- Film a virtual tour of the Honey Bee Research Centre as led by our Research and Apiary Manager, Paul Kelly
- Use Adobe In Design to upload videos to our website along with an updated bee facts page
- In addition to filming, editing and web design the selected individual may also occasionally be asked to assist our staff and volunteers with basic day-to-day tasks including honey bee colony management, research initiatives and maintenance around the research centre
The successful individual must:
- Have previous educational or work experience with filming and video editing
- Have previous experience in web design
- Proficient using Adobe In Design
- Proficient in using Adobe Premiere or other preferred video editing software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Ability to work outside
*Note: the successful individual must be comfortable spending time around honey bees as a large portion of the filming will be completed in our apiary at the University of Guelph.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Brooke Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 12th, 2016.
Supervisor Name: Paul Kelly
Duration: May 9th – August 26th, 2016
Wage: 35 hours/week; $12/hour