Congratulations to Paul Kelley, University of Guelph Apiary Manager: Recipient of EAS Roger A. Morse Award, 2017
Paul Kelly, Apiary Manager at the University of Guelph, is the 2017 recipient of the Roger A Morse Teaching/Extension/Regulatory Award presented by the Eastern Apicultural Society. The meeting is being held this week at the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware. Paul received the award today (2 August, 2017) and is giving two presentations at the conference: "Buckfast bee breeding and queen rearing – why we keep bees on islands" and "Tips, tricks and tools for the bee yard".
Since this award was first initiated in 2000, 5 of the 17 recipients have been Canadians:
- 2004 Don Dixon, former Provincial Apiculturist of Manitoba
- 2010 Dennis VanEngelsdorp (working in the USA as the Pennsylvania State Apiarist)
- 2012 Doug McRory, former Provincial Apiculturist of Ontario
- 2015 Medhat Nasr, Alberta Agriculture
- 2017 Paul G. Kelly, University of Guelph.
Congrats to Paul and all of our other distinguished Canadians!